Geosynchronous Satellite Window
The Geosynchronous Satellite window shows the positions of deep space satellites as
seen from your viewing location. You can use this window to find where "your"
direct TV broadcast satellite is located. This window is highly interactive and shares
many of the functions with other local sky windows such as the single
and multiple skytrace windows.
of Geosynchronous Satellite Window
This window has many capabilities. You can:
- Select one or more satellites to view using the selection dialog.
This dialog automatically distinguishes between those that are visible (black) and those
that are below your local horizon.
- Find the identity of any satellite simply by clicking its symbol with the mouse.
- Open a Ephemeris Point dialog which allows you to step through
the symbols, interactively, and find details on any satellite.
- You control the criteria by which satellites are selected and
- Change the viewing times to see how the satellites move with
respect to the background sky.
Last Update: 17 November 2000
Copyright ©1995-2001 by Acappella Publishing - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED