Open Multiple Skytrace Window
The Multiple Skytrace window complements the Viewing Opportunities window by showing
the same passes, this time projected against the local sky. Like the Viewing Opportunities
window, the passes are filtered by specifying the minimum pass quality for display. The
window is highly interactive. You use the mouse to click on any of the trace points to get
detailed positional information as well as to open Single Skytrace, 3D Orbit View or
Groundtrace windows for the pass. The mouse is also used to find the identity of celestial
objects including stars, constellations and planets.
of Multiple Skytrace Window
This window has many capabilities. You can:
- Select elsets from user defined satellite groups.
- Select viewing locations from in-memory
- Complimentary Local Horizon window gives another view of
the same pass.
- Animate in real time (or simulated time) using the animation
- Use the Cone Filter to isolate passes through specific
- Customize the colors using the Colors page of the SatSpy
- View the window in full screen mode for use on a laptop.
- Log sightings in real-time.
- Select your viewing times using convenient built-in
- Click on any skytrace tic-mark and view details about the
pass including times, azimuth, elevation, range and percentage illumination.
- Instantly go to a detailed skytrace for the pass, where you
can annotate the pass to get times and to see the direction of motion.
- Bring up the corresponding Viewing Opportunities window
showing the same passes as skytraces against a common star background.
- Open a Viewing Opportunities Table to see a more detailed
summary of all of the computed passes.
- Set pass quality criteria to "grade" the computed
passes to suit your needs.
Last Update: 17 November 2000
Copyright ©1995-2001 by Acappella Publishing - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED