Open Viewing Opportunities Window
SatSpy's unique Viewing Opportunities window gives you instant access to all passes
within a time interval you define. The window shows the passes as bars placed along a time
line with the length of each bar proportional to the duration of the pass. The pass bars
are color-coded to indicate the goodness of the pass. You decide what constitutes a good
pass or bad pass for your viewing location. To find out more about a pass, all you have to
do is click on it with the mouse!
of Viewing Opportunities Window
The window is highly interactive allowing you to:
- Select your viewing times using convenient built-in
- Click on any bar and view details about the pass including
times, azimuth, elevation, range and percentage illumination.
- Customize the colors using the Colors page of the SatSpy
- Instantly go to a detailed skytrace for the pass, showing the
path of the satellite against the star background.
- Open a Multiple Skytrace window to see the same passes
projected against your local sky.
- Open a Viewing Opportunities Table to see a more detailed
summary of all of the computed viewing opportunities.
- View the element set corresponding to the satellite in the
- Bring up the corresponding Multipass window showing the same passes as skytraces against
a common star background.
- Set pass
quality criteria to "grade" the computed passes to suit your needs.
Last Update: 17 November 2000
Copyright ©1995-2001 by Acappella Publishing - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED